The successful candidate should be able to ensure smooth the everyday running of client applications/products. He or She must also ensure SLAs are met and that quality targets are reached in accordance with agreed client contract.
- In terms of remote support, the candidate must have the capacity to visualize and solve user’s problems.
- Design and subsequent development of application components from both a front-end and back-end perspective.
- Troubleshooting difficult or unusual situations, and suggesting workflow improvements to management.
- Ability to defuse excited and sometimes irate users or customers is also a valuable trait.
- Writing documentation for the portions of applications you are responsible for.
- Identifying potential areas of risk and suggesting mitigating actions.
- Assisting in the planning and estimation of the development team’s work.
- Must have helpdesk support experience as will move on to more advanced technical roles, such as system or network administrator, application developer, or database administrator.
Qualification, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Bsc in Computer Science and related disciplines
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience on similar role
- Good knowledge of PHP, Java, Unix Shell Scripting.
- Good knowledge of Middleware SQL and PL/S
- Good knowledge of WebServices.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA).
- Experience in use of various Open Source tools. Zend, Drupal, Mootools .
- Basic knowledge in use of Linux Servers.
- Ability to learn new skills fast.
- Experience in Web Application Development is required: PHP / MySQL / ORACLE.
- Good interpersonal relations skills.
- Good knowledge of Code repository.
- An ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Proven skill in developing and managing maintainable code-bases
- Knowledge and experience of cross-browser issues
- Experience of working in an environment where products have to be delivered to specific time-scales
- Self-motivated with good organisational skills in order to work to challenging deadlines
- Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by others
- Right attitude
- Good team spirit
- Bold, articulate and confident
- Excellent analytical, writing and oral skills
- Good use of presentation tools
- Good interpersonal relation